(Right-Click/Ctrl-Click to 'Save File As')
I've been wanting an episode of The Sex and Tell Show about asexuality since the beginning stages of this show, and I'm so happy to be able to finally have someone motivated to talk about it with me. Hopefully there will be more episodes about asexuality that we do, but today we wanted to cover some basics: definition of asexuality, the difference between asexuality as an identity and a behavior, and the asexual community and the LGBT community.
The major point of the episode is acceptance and visibility though. The asexuality community is one of the only LGBT communities that simply isn't seen, or isn't acknowledged, but we can change that. Check out some of the resources below and educate yourself on some basics about asexuality, because chances are you might know someone who is asexual, or you yourself might identify it.
If you have any questions or want some more resources, feel free to contact me.
- Beyond (a)sexuality, the grey area
- Beyond Straight and Gay - Why Asexual Visibility is Important
- Asexual via Wikipedia
- Why Should The Sex Positive Community Promote Asexuality Awareness?
- "Golliwog's Cakewalk" by Claude Debussy
- "Booster's Tower" from Super Mario RPG by The One-Ups
- "1 AM" from Animal Crossing GC
See you next week!